A variety of Investment vehicles can play a key role in your financial security plan. Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT) posits that various asset classes respond to economic conditions differently, and that the mixture of asset classes can play a significant role in helping to manage the risks inherent in a portfolio of investments. At Allgood Financial, we not only attempt to diversify client portfolios using various asset classes, but we also pay attention to concepts of product diversification, and even tax diversification through deploying investments in a variety of account types discussed further below. It is important to note that while diversification can help mitigate some of the risks associated with potential losses in one asset class or another, or even with a few positions or products, even maximum diversification can not completely insulate a portfolio from the potential for loss.
For individuals, a mix of qualified and non-qualified savings, retirement income via Social Security and/or pension plans, Life Insurance, Annuities, and other income investments can help work towards short- and long-term goals.
- Individual Retirement & Education Savings Plans
- Group Retirement & Savings Plans
- Cash Value Life Insurance
Individual Retirement Accounts have several advantages. For participants, it can allow tax-deferred compounding interest or growth which will help accumulate savings to achieve long-term retirement goals. It also allows for a variety of choice of specific investment options. For families with children, a Qualified Education Savings Plan can help finance post-secondary education.
Some of the advantages of such plans include:
- Potential Tax-deductible contributions for the Traditional Individual Retirement Accounts (limited state income tax deductions are available for certain 529 Plan contributions)
- Tax deferral of compounding income and growth
- Tax-free withdrawals from 529 Plans for qualified education expenses and Roth IRAs for owners age 59.5 or older who have had their Roth 5 years or more. Otherwise, taxes and penalties may apply.
Working together, we can examine Qualified Retirement and Education Plan investment options in order to build a customized portfolio that takes into consideration your financial security goals, tolerance to risk and timeline. Contact us today to find out more.
For business owners, Group Retirement & Savings Plans can play a key role in attracting and retaining quality employees.
Just like you, your dedicated employees are working towards a safe, secure future. Either provided independently or paired with group benefits, a group savings plan is a convenient, flexible and affordable way to help your employees pursue their long-term financial goals.
Employees gain instant tax savings for their contributions, since they are made using pre-tax payroll deductions. They also receive the confidence that comes from knowing every month they are building towards retirement.
We can help you and your valued employees choose group retirement and savings products. We will design an investment plan tailored to fit the needs of everyone involved. Choose from products like:
- Deferred profit sharing plans
- Defined contribution pension plans
- Defined Benefit Pension plans
- Non-qualified retirement savings programs
Contact us today to learn about how group retirement and savings plans can benefit your business.
As a form of life insurance, it’s important to note that cash value insurance policies can have distinct advantages for some investors. These can include:
- Liquidity when it may be needed most
- Protect retirement amounts for beneficiaries
- Potential for creditor protection
- Potential for tax-free access to cash value savings if managed properly. Nominal transaction fees or loan interest may apply.
- Savings on potential probate fees
- No trustee fees
As independent life insurance advisors, we have access to a wide variety of cash value life insurance options from a number of top companies. Contact us today to explore policy design options and how cash value life insurance might benefit you.
Guarantees are based on the claims paying ability of the issuing company.